El Paso Texas History
The state of New Mexico and the country of Mexico border the Franklin Mountains at the southern tip of the Rocky Mountains, with El Paso almost dividing them in half. Through a series of policies, it includes one of America's poorest urban areas. The city itself is home to more than 1.5 million people and about 1.5 million inhabitants.
The border that runs along the Rio Grande separates the large urban area from the smaller cities of El Paso and Juarez, both bordering Mexico. The combined population of New Mexico and Mexico, as well as the border city of San Antonio, Texas, make it one of the most populous cities in the United States. In 1983, it was the second largest city in America after New York City and the third largest in Latin America.
The Juarez - El Paso area was a logical place to visit and settle because of its natural pass through the mountains, and in 1598 it was recognized by the US government as a strategic location, which called it "El Paso del Norte." The Spanish gateway to the west, would serve as a place for what should be called "Els Paso - del - Rio del." When the first city map was adopted in 1925, politicians recognized the benefits that could result from the city's development and its proximity to New Mexico and Mexico.
It was also declared in the United States and the name El Paso was introduced. In the 1850s, the connection between the city and the neighboring city of Juarez in Mexico was clearly established. One year later, pioneer Anson Mills completed the construction of his first house on the site, "El Paso - del - Rio del," a name that led to endless confusion until it was changed to "Ciudad Ju Suarez" in 1888. The name of the Mexican city, which has been renamed Ciudad Juares since 1888, and its proximity to Mexico.
The present border between Texas and New Mexico, which includes El Paso on the Texas side and Juarez on the Mexican side. The nascent country claimed what is now East and Central Texas for the Texans who settled there, and the present city of El Paso, Texas, was worked out as a compromise in 1850.
The US Senate established the borders of Texas and New Mexico in 1848, largely ignoring history and topography. The United Nations Convention on Land Law (1846) and the Decision of the US Supreme Court in the Texas-Mexico War of 1847 The United States Senate established the border between Texas and New Mexico on August 1, 1849 and July 31, 1850, in Mexico City, Mexico, but also in El Paso, Texas, and in Juarez, Mexico and Santa Fe, New Mexico.
The Spanish settlement of Paso del Norte was renamed El Paso, Texas, in honor of US President George W. Bush. The earliest settlement was founded in the late 18th century, about 2,500 km from the border with Mexico.
Other missions in the area, including San Antonio, El Paso del Norte and San Juan de Guadalupe, were set up nearby. Spain's mission in the area and was established to help the displaced American Indians who had fled the Pueblo uprising in 1680. Indian tribes such as the Apaches, Chihuahua, Tohono O'odham, and Ojibwe sought refuge there, as did other tribes.
The county is named after El Paso del Norte, which means "the pass to the north" in Spanish, and the town was named after the Spanish mission San Juan de Guadalupe, the first mission in the area.
The area was founded as part of what is now the American Southwest and developed into a small agricultural producer, with most settlements along the Rio Grande, a river that runs through modern Mexico. Mexican nation, as seen in "MEXICAN TEXAS," the city of El Paso and the city of Ciudad Juarez, Mexico (which is now CiUDAD JUarez in Mexico) became part of the "Mexican" nation.
The Mexican state of Chihuahua, El Paso del Norte, was ceded and passed to it by the first Mexican Constitution, ending the dominance of the Chiuahuan traders in New Mexico, even though it had been part of that Constitution for more than 200 years. The state's dominance was short-lived - but it led to the 1850 compromise, and the Spaniards made arrangements for an indefinite stay, establishing El Paso as the temporary capital of "New Mexico." By now, they knew that a reconquest of New Mexico would not happen so quickly, and so El Salvador, the state with the largest population in the United States at the time, was annexed again. After being drawn into the tensions - days of the Mexican War of Independence (1846-1848) - El Pasos, Texas, found itself in a position of great power, but without control.
Spanish - Native American families returned to New Mexico, exhausting the population of many settlements in El Paso. The 1990 census showed that the El Paso County, which is on par with the El Paso MSA, had a total population of 1.3 million, about a million of whom were born abroad. In 2000, the US Census Bureau's American Community Survey (ACS) described the population as "700,000 residents" with a median household income of $22,500.